16 November 2017
14 November 2017
07 November 2017
05 November 2017
28 October 2017
20 October 2017
19 October 2017
14 October 2017
Now that it is ready and all of the letters have been cut out I have finally pinned them in place on my vest.
I am still uncertain if I will sew them on using the machine or by hand... they would be easier to remove later if I hand sew them, but at $35 I figure I can have more made if I need them. I will probably use the machine.
Relic is registered to attend CanFURence in November and I am pleased that my vest will be finished for that.
01 October 2017
Nearly two hours after starting my seam ripping I have finally managed to get the area of White fur I am replacing out of the suit.
The fine stitches of the machine are much harder to get out than my hand sewn stitches.
I suppose there is no turning back now, although I will save the piece I cut out and could actually place it back in if I really feel it necessary to do so.
Now that the new Tan color is pinned into place I need to get my time lined up to get to the sewing machine to get it sewn in permanently.
I can hardly wait to be able to turn it right side out to see the finished upgrade and get the seams combed out.
28 September 2017
The dash was finished in June and now that I have picked up more of my "Snep" fur, I will be moving on to the doors and seats... although the seats will get a solid Black rather than the spots.
24 September 2017
17 September 2017
04 September 2017
30 August 2017
26 August 2017
25 August 2017
The bases for my new foot-paws are nearly finished so I am turning my attention to getting ready to start sculpting the foam into the shape of Relic's paws. I will opt this time for a more toony look but will strive to keep then as compact as possible. I simply don't care for large feet that force you to waddle like a duck.
24 August 2017
I spent more on the Zipper than I normally would have but I wanted to make sure it was a good quality zipper and not some cheap piece of plastic...
Of course they don't stock the length zipper I needed... so had to buy one 4 inches longer than needed... oh well. It works and keeps the fit snug!
Now on to the second one!
I have the first of the two bindings finished to the point of installing the zipper.