31 March 2017

Detailing Continues

The Small Things...

Are finally adding to the over all look of a more finished Relic. Figuring things like details for the eyes are making a visual difference that has been missing and are even a plus for vision and cooling as well.

I made a move to using a perforated plastic for the eye instead of the solid white foam. This will make vision much better and also aid in cooling air flow when my blower is in use as more air will be drawn in onto my face.

The black details I had worked out a couple weeks back have been positive, so I will keep on with them. They soften the look of his eyes a little. 

I am trying out a larger and more oval pupil that is not centered to add more focus to Relic's eyes. Not certain yet if I have the exact shape I want but I feel it is a move in the right direction.

It's hard to tell by photo's if this is a better look or not, I think input from others will be needed for me to decide if this is a positive move or not... but I think it is. The added airflow will most definitely be appreciated!

19 March 2017

The Eyes Have It !!!

Added more details to Relic's eyes to help soften the look and define them.  


14 March 2017

Neck is Finished!

Well, since school was cancelled for only the fear of a winter storm I was able to finish up on Relic's neck. It is a bit snug to get on over my head but I prefer it that way, the tighter the fit the less it will bunch up anywhere. Getting it sewn in was not as terrible as I had imagined but time consuming none-the-less. Big clumsy hands working in tight quarters with very small pieces of fabric to stitch together. This will also keep my collar visible when I wear it, before it would slip down into the neck line and disappear totally in the back. 

Now the collar will remain on top of the neck fur and be visible as it should be. This is another tweak finished that has been needed for almost a year and now I can move on to some of the other issues I would like to get finished before Anthrocon this summer. 

I was expecting this to take much longer to finish, it was not as terrible as I had figured but still a pain in the keester with my big clumsy hands in that tight area of the neck with needle and thread. 

13 March 2017

Oi ... My Neck!!!

Oi ...My Neck !!! I am finally getting around to making a proper neck for Relic. The front has turned out 100% the way I wanted it to. The back is OK, but not really laying down as well as I had hoped when I have it on. Getting the angles mapped out correctly for the pattern is a royal PITA !!! (and that ain’t the bread I’m talkin’ about). I will have to study this a little more yet to see if I can alter the fit to get it to lay down the back like I want it to.
Trying hard to not rush this as when I do that I usually mess something up. Not looking forward to sewing this on to the headpiece with my big clumsy hands but, I have managed with everything else... Perseverance has prevailed so far, lets see if my luck can hold out.  

05 March 2017

One Year Ago!

Relic was starting to take shape in a positive way... there was a lot of work done and much more to go.  It has been a true labor of love. 

Come to think of it... there is still a lot of work to be done.  Done but never finished!