22 November 2017

On The Outside


I have said it so many times I sound like a skipping record... but I am so pleased with the way these Feet=Paws have turned out. They are very solid and should last a long time.  If you take into consideration the cost of the original Downhill ski boots when I purchased them 20+ years ago these paws cost about $900 to make... haha. 



The creation of the indoor soles is the next item on the table... The outdoor soles are quite stiff and would occasionally pop off so I solved that issue with a couple strategically placed pieces of Velcro. The indoor soles will be much more flexible so that will not be an issue, but even if it is, the Velcro is an option, I just hate using a lot of it.  After the mishap with the drain grate at Anthrocon with my claws I am as of yet undecided as to what claws to use on these... so for now I am "Claw-less"

I padded around the house for a while yesterday to get some break-in time on them. They are just a little wider than the paws I have been wearing so I have to be mindful of my stance and leg swing while walking, once I get used to them I will be good to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment