05 November 2017

Progress Made


I am really quite proud of my self control during the construction of these Foot-Paws and not racing through the process which is unfortunately what I usually do. The careful thought given is proving to produce a much nicer finished product which is now at a point where the end is in sight even though it will be several weeks yet before they are finished.  Some features I have incorporated into these are unique to the use of the inner boots which are the liners from my old "Down-Hill" ski boots. This allowed me to create a "rear entry" paw which is much easier to get on and off without tugging and pulling on any of the fabric or foam. Elastic on the front of the Jean upper which holds the zipper keeps everything fitted snugly on my legs and feet without being too tight. Nylon and elastic straps over and snapped to the inner boot carry the weight of the soles and rest of the paw directly to the inner boot and not just hanging from the foam. saving for a small amount of hot glue around the inner sole that holds the fur in place there, it is more or less removable to be cleaned. I am still planning on the interchangeable outer soles and have purchased the appropriate 
Neodymium Magnets needed for the endeavor.  These are "Natural" magnets are much stronger than any of the ceramic magnets that are cheaper and available anywhere.  In most areas you would need to order these on-line, although there are a few hardware stores or hobby shops out there that might have some in stock... they are certainly not the most common of magnets to be found on the shelf. 

My newest addition to shop equipment has all ready seen much thankful use.  After two years of gathering sewing projects up and transporting them back and forth to my Mom-in-laws place to use her sewing machine, I have finally purchased one of my own for my shop. Why didn't I do this months ago? It saves so much time and it's always set up with the heavier upholstery thread that I use for my Fursuit endeavors. It's first use was to sew Relic's VFW Life Member patch onto his vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment