13 January 2018

Moms & Dads


Looking back over my childhood and young adult years, I have found a respect that obviously comes with age about the impact that my friends and their parents had on me as I was growing up. I could never have thanked them all enough for their support had I realized then the impact they all had on my life. The community I grew up in was small and close-knit, we all knew each other in ways more than just meeting in the passing. I did not have just my own Mother and Father as parents… all of my friends parents were my Moms and Dads as well. I grieve with my friends each time I hear of the loss of any of my Fowler Moms or Dads passing, the community I knew as a child is fading away and it saddens me even though I know it is inevitable. 

Rest In Peace Connie Losey

No comments:

Post a Comment