20 January 2018

An Alternate Look

I have actually wanted to do this from the start but until now did not want to spend the extra $$'s on it. I have purchased a Precast Foam head base from DreamVisionCreations  and have now finally started the process of carving it out and fitting it to my face. 



The trimming process is by no means finished yet, I have only just started. I have transferred Relics markings to the face / head using pencil. 



I understand that with the foam base most people use elastic to "hinge" the jaw and I expect to do that as well but I am also looking at the possibility of using an actual plastic hinge. Whether or not I use springs or elastic on the movement will be determined in some trials. 


I am taking foam out at a slower pace now I would rather avoid taking too much off the first time than to have to glue some back in later, although I am sure that will happen for the final fit anyway. 


I want to be sure to make room for my two 5VDC cooling blowers, which so far it appears they will have room for residence in the temple areas on each side and possibly vent out through the ears? (or possibly just behind them) if dimensions work out that well.  My current blower setup uses a usb cord from the fan to my power pack I wear around my neck, it is a pain at times to get the cord fed down through my suit to plug it in. If I can retain a space for the pack in the head it will simplify taking the head piece off and on greatly. The cheek areas are a target area for that at this point. 



No comments:

Post a Comment