01 May 2016

Getting Psyched Up

Planning for our trip to Chicago is pretty well finished. We have sorted out where we are going to visit, but have not set specific days for each. I am looking forward to seeing an old Navy Buddy and his Wife that I have not seen for nearly 30 years. The next 7 weeks can't go by fast enough right now. 




Rylea wants to see the Lincoln Park Zoo and since I never went there in the two years I was out there it is something we all can experience together for the first time. 

















The Sky Deck at the Willis Tower (Sears Tower) is a must do.










Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium are a go!









As is the Museum of Science & Industry. 







And an afternoon trip out to see PR in Belvidere, to enjoy the evening with He and his Wife that I haven't seen in about 28 years.



Its kind of ironic we are staying in Schaumburg while we are there which is the same suburb that Pat & Kathy lived in when I last saw them. I is about half way between downtown and where they live now. The choice was made to stay there for cost reasons. Although it would have been nice to be Downtown, the cost per night is not doable. 


By staying about an hour outside the city we save nearly $200 per night, and we don't need to be in rush hour traffic we just wait 'til that is over before starting our day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment