28 December 2018

How Tani DaReal Inspired My Creation of Relic

I have been asked... I must tell.




Absolutely the "High-point" of my visit to Anthrocon in 2017 was meeting Tani DaReal in person. As a long time follower of her artwork, she was undoubtedly the single most influential force behind my creation of Relic. 

If I had experienced nothing else at Anthrocon that year, I would have still walked away extremely happy that I had finally met her in person. 











How has Tani DaReal inspired my creation of Relic?  

Wow!  There's a subject that is in all practical purposes in the Furry Fandom a bit of ancient history... I can Try.


The gist of the story is... Tani was the first furry artist that i came to back in the day of the early internet... this was back when more than 50% of internet use was still "dial up"... at least in my secluded area of nowhere USA. She was a young up and coming artist back then, I was following her art work with great admiration and tried to learn some of her technique of portraying expression in her art. Needless to say I never was able to capture any amount of her talent, she had more talent in he pinky finger than I had in both of my hands. But I faithfully followed her artwork for many years (and still do) and when she began the process of creating her own fursuit I was even more captivated and watched it take shape eagerly. I was impressed by the process, although at this point in time was not even close to ever considering doing anything like this. It was still many years off, before I was to bitten by the Fursuiting Flea. It was while following her early artwork that I made the connection between what was now considered furry art and what I had been doing so many years before, long before the internet had even been truly thought of when I was only around 12 or 13 and just starting Jr.High (1978 ish... gads that puts a date stamp on me for sure) My friends and I used to doodle comics at their kitchen table using their German Shepherds as models for our "Anthropomorphic" characters in the mornings as we waited for the bus. Without Tani I would likely never made that connection... once I did... there was no turning back, I was hooked... line and sinker all. Once I had decided that I was going to use my Husky as the basis of my fursonas appearance (which happened only about 7 years ago) the rest of the process followed suit (perhaps a pun intended there) mainly because of a dare and having watched the process… I knew it had to happen.




















No comments:

Post a Comment