24 August 2017

The Perfect Base

I think I have stumbled upon the perfect base to use as Relic's next pair of Foot-Paws!  



I was picking apart my old Ski Boots the other day (the plastic had all become brittle and was breaking off easily) to reduce them to fit in the trash, and as I pulled out the first of the two liners I realized that they were actually "rear entry" liners and I immediately thought to myself that they would make great Foot-Paws!











I am pleased that I have found a way to extend the use of at least part of my old ski boots as they were so expensive to begin with. REDUCE-REUSE-RECYCLE!

After freeing the liner from the second one and standing them together I was convinced that I was going to make use of them for exactly that! 




The design of the liners obviously gives an easy way of putting the Paws on and taking them off. I will create an upper section from a heavy material like that of jeans to encircle the uppers that will have a heavy duty zipper for a closure up the back. By using a heavy material on the uppers I can avoid having to deal with a zipper in the fur and just use Velcro or magnets to hold the fur in place once they are zipped up. Any way to avoid wear and tear on fur is a huge plus as far as repairs are concerned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment